Milan is the main industrial city of Italy and the capital of Lombardy. Also well known for fashion and touristic attractions. Here people will discover treasures of the ancient city centre with historical and artistic monuments. Milan is an international and cosmopolitan metropolis.
Politecnico di Milano – Campus Bovisa
Building BL27 – Via Raffaele Lambruschini, 4 – 20156 Milano
Acces to the Campus:
From Milano Cadorna Station
Take the train to the MILANO BOVISA station (all trains leaving Milano Cadorna station, except for the Malpensa Express, stop at Bovisa). Exit the station, turn right and go down the steps: turn left into Via Mariani and, just a few metres on, take the first street on the right (via La Masa).
From Milano Centrale Station
Take Line 2 of the underground railway (MM2 green line) towards Abbiategrasso as far as GARIBALDI station (second stop); here, without leaving the underground railway station, catch the Passante Ferroviario underground railway link towards Bovisa as far as MILANO BOVISA station (second stop). Exit the station, turn right and go down the steps: turn left into Via Mariani and, just a few metres on, take the first street on the right (via La Masa).
Getting to Milano
Milano is served by three airports: Milano Linate (about 7 km far from the city centre), Milano Malpensa (about 45 km) and Bergamo Orio al Serio (about 50 km). Milano can be easily reached from the airport thanks to special bus and railway service.
Milano is served by both "Ferrovie dello Stato" and "Ferrovie Nord". On the following websites you can check destinations, fares and timetables:
The most important railway stations in Milano are:
- Milano Centrale. It’s the main railway station, with international and high-speed train departures. There are several buses connection to the airports with departure and arrival to the east side of the Station. It is located in Piazzale Duca d’Aosta, and you can easily reach it by metro (green line – number 2; or yellow line – number 3).
- Porta Garibaldi. Mostly with regional departures and used by commuters. The “Passante Ferroviario” connects the station to “Bovisa Nord” Station and “Porta Vittoria” Station. It is located in Piazza Sigmund Freud and you can reach it by metro (green line – number 2).
- Milano Lambrate. This is an intermediary station, used both for regional and national departures. It is located in piazzale Bottini and you can reach it by metro (green line – number 2)
- Milano Cadorna. It is mainly a commuter station, located in Piazzale Luigi Cadorna. From this station you can take the train “Malpensa Express” to the airport of Malpensa, with departure every 35 minutes. You can reach the station by metro (green line – number 2).
Public transports in Milano
Buses, trams and metro
Milano’s main public transportation system is run by ATM (Azienda Trasporti Milanesi). It consists of buses, trams and an underground metro system. Visit www.atm-mi.it to create personalized itineraries. Simply click on “GiroMilano” and choose your starting point and destination.
An urban network ticket costs €1.50 and is valid for 90 minutes on all lines included in the urban network of Milano. It can not be used twice on the underground metro and urban rail lines. Once you have left the underground metro station you must have a new ticket for the next metro trip.
- All tickets must be validated at the start of every journey.
- Remember to keep the ticket with you for as long as it is valid.
- Validate your ticket every time you change vehicle on the overground network (bus or tram).
- On the urban railway network of Trenord and Passante Ferroviario tickets are valid for only one journey.
- Urban tickets are priced at a flat rate. Extra-urban and cumulative tickets are priced progressively depending on the distance travelled between the departure point and the final destination (e.g. a round trip ticket to Rho Fiera is €5.00).
Useful telephone numbers
Carabinieri (police with military and civil duties), State Police, Emergency Health Assistance, Fire Emergency
02 661 010 29
Emergency Doctor Service